Do you have problems with your feet?
Why is looking after our feet so important?
Footcare is vitally important to ensure a healthy active life. Our feet have to take enormous strain. Each day they withstand hundreds of tons of pressure, even moreso if you partake in Sports. Our feet carry us over 60,000+ miles in the average lifetime. While we devote much time and energy looking after other parts of our body, we tend to neglect the care of our feet.
Chiropodists and Podiatrists
As a Chiropodist and Podiatrist I specialise in treating a wide variety of conditions associated with feet including corns, ingrown toenails and verrucae.
As a qualified Podiatrist I specialise in biomechanical and structural problems including, custom orthotic insoles, gait analysis, sports injuries, musculoskeletal problems, overuse injuries, structural assessment, training advice and muscle assessment.
Many foot problems can be prevented by regular visits to a chiropodist or podiatrist, and potentially painful conditions can be diagnosed and treated in the earliest stages avoiding unnecessary suffering. A great deal can be done to improve comfort, relieve pain and maintain mobility.
Caring for your feet should be as much a part of your daily routine as brushing your teeth, and should include keeping your feet clean, free from infection and checking for any signs of change.
- Removal of corns and calluses
- Treatment of verrucas
- Nail surgery (e.g. ingrown toenails)
- Treatment of athlete’s foot and nail infections
- Diabetes can inhibit the circulation and dull sensations in the feet, reducing awareness of pain and injury and possibly leading to ulceration
- Many foot problems originate in childhood. Regular check-ups at an early age are a sound investment for the future
- Treatment of bunions
- Treatment of chilblains